Experiencing the joy of playing music starts with a solid foundation. The technical aspects will be explored in depth during the lessons, including playing staccato and legato, developing and improving embouchure, airflow/mouthpiece placement, posture, sound and intonation.
As a student, you will apply these techniques all the time in technical exercises, études, concertos and orchestral works, eventually developing a natural performance style. Once you have completely internalised these technical skills, you will be able to focus fully on the music and your performance, and you will be ready for orchestral playing, chamber music and solo performances.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
One etude from one of the following collections:
- T. Charlier – 36 Etudes for Trumpet
- C.F. Arban – Trumpet Method
- E. Bozza – Etudes for Trumpet
- H. Tomasi – Etudes for Trumpet
Please record the following pieces:
- J.B.G Neruda: Concerto in Es or another romantic piece of your choice
- Verplicht Solowerk intrada / Ketting
Mandatory solo piece
- O. Ketting: Intrada