The Violin class of Conservatorium Maastricht plays a central role in the education of string players. For many years, the violin class has trained prize winners of international competitions, leaders of great orchestras around the world and numerous outstanding performers.
We aim to develop your skills and talents based on your individuality and improve your personal approach to music, a process that is guided by experienced, world-renowned musicians.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
The candidate should record a video which includes:
- Two caprices from Rode, Dont, Paganini
- A first movement from a Mozart violin concerto
- A piece chosen by the candidate