Are you that student who wants to become a complete saxophonist in the rich world of classical music? Or rather, a complete musician? Then allow your unique talents to blossom in beautiful Maastricht.
In the Bachelor's programme, you will lay a solid theoretical foundation and develop into a professional saxophonist. In the Master's programme, you will go in depth musically, conduct research and work on your own long-term musical development.
The supporting curriculum offers chamber music, solo and orchestral playing, and orchestra projects. You will be coached by unique musicians with a wealth of experience. Together, we will make your dream come true. You will feel welcome at Conservatorium Maastricht.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Record a couple études of contrasting character
- Klosé 25 Exercises journalier
- Mule 18 Exercises d’apres Berbiguier
- Senon 16 Etudes Rhytmo-Technique
Record a couple (movements of) recital pieces in contrasting character
- P. Maurice - Tablaux de Provence
- D. Milhaud - Scaramouche
- P. Creston - Sonata